So we finally made a decision to make an appointment with Dr Aziz. I was a little hesitant to see him initially coz I felt like what more can a doctor do. Basically I have tried everything that you can think off. I wanted to get my hospital reports from KKH but it’d take like a month or so after the request, so we just forgo getting the reports.
We came early to his clinic at Kembangan Plaza, not sure what to expect of him. When it was finally our turn, he asked us about why are we here. Started off from the very beginning.
- Diagnosed with PCOS since my polytechnic days
- Resistant to metformin and clomid at their highest dosage
- Ovarian drilling at Raffles (Dr. Jazlan)
- Many attempts of traditional massage (sengkak)
- Failed IUI attempt (eggs not growing to the desired size) at Raffles (Dr. Jazlan)
- 1st attempt IVF at KKH (Dr. Sadhana)
- Mild OHSS
- Pregnant with fraternal twins (1 boy, 1 girl)
- Had a fall during pregnancy
- Lost both of them at 21 weeks after giving birth to them, fully dilated.
- Loss could be due to weak cervix, therefore the need to do a Cervical Cerclage if I were to get pregnant.
So yeah that sums up almost everything.
Dr. Aziz was sympathetic of what we had gone through and his only advise is that, I will treat you and try to get you pregnant, only if it doesn’t kill you. Then, he said, “Let’s suppress your PCOS first”… it was the first time that a doctor mentioned that to both of us coz as most people with PCOS know, there isn’t any scientific treatments available for PCOS; basically there’s no cure.
Dr. Aziz is suggesting to suppress the PCOS is with Diane-35. I took it a when I was first diagnosed with PCOS and I recalled that I did not have a good impression of it coz of the side effects it came with. Here are some take from C Health’s website.
- Breast pain, tenderness, or swelling
- Brown, blotchy spots on exposed skin
- Increased or decreased interest in sexual intercourse
- Swelling of ankles and feet
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
- Weight gain or loss
Actually I have most of the symptoms. The tiredness is one kind and everything I smell or eat makes me feel nausea. How to go on holiday tomorrow!??
So this Diane-35 pills are to be taken for 21 days, and must be taken daily at the same timing. Ao once 21 days end, the flow should come within the next 7 days and I’ll have to go down for vaginal scans. He’ll then put me on Gonal-F, the same injection that I took before extraction of my eggs for IVF. But he mentioned that he’ll have to give me a lower dosage since I had OHSS before. So we’ll see.
For now just gotta tahan the bloatedness, the dizziness, nausea, tirednes… all of the above lah.
He also mentioned about I need to have a Bio Feedback for myself, keep positive thoughts, go for anything that keeps me calm, massage, holiday hahahha… MOST IMPORTANTLY, I should not be stressed out about anything coz usually PCOS thrives when I’m under stress. So I use this a play card with the husband. Anytime he asks me to do stuffs, I’ll tell him I’m stressed, so he’ll hv to do whatever I ask him to! *LOL*